How to be a Decent Boss
We know that the world of organizations and employment is changing, but all managers, in all kinds of business and services, still face the same challenge; how do you get the work done through the efforts of others? Small employers are the norm and it is common to find people dropped into the role of the manager without any guidance about what to do.
In this practical, no-nonsense book, anyone who manages other people, in any kind of business, from supervisor to CEO will find common sense on the typical problems that keep most bosses awake.
How to be a Decent Boss – And Still Get Things Done covers the basics;
- what do you need to know and what do you need to do when you have to manage other people.
- How do you grit your teeth and conduct really difficult conversations?
- How to do you speak so that people want to listen to you and listen so that they want to speak to you?
- How do you find good people, keep them and one day (like it or not) let them go?
- How do you manage teams and handle change?
- How do you run a dignified workplace and still get things done
This book has emerged out of hundreds of training programmes, meetings and conversations delivered around the world and the thousands of participants who were looking for ideas that might just work.
Buy it on:
Your Future Looks Bright
Work can be wonderful. It can also be awful. For most of us, it’s somewhere in between with good days and not so good days. If you’re getting stuck in the dead zone a little too often, there are simple actions you can take and decisions you can make to move toward a more successful and happier future at work.
This is a practical and thought provoking book. It asks questions around your engagement in your work, such as;
- What are the qualities you need to develop to be more effective and valued at work – without selling your soul?
- How do you decide what you really want to do for a living?
- What can you change about work and what do you need to learn to live with?
- How do you deal with the things that are keeping you stuck?
- What you can do about people who get you down?
Whether you’re simply wondering if there’s anything better for you out there or whether you’re in the middle of a full blown career crisis, the book sets out your options and helps you work through them.
This book is about raising your sights and expecting more of your working life – and of yourself.
Buy it on:
Sign up to my newsletter to stay up to date on my latest blog posts.